sau2 sin1, aa3 maa1 hai2 mun4 hau2 zin2 zo2 di1 dung1 jip6
首先,阿妈喺门口剪咗啲柊叶
First, mom cut some leaves at the door.

aa3 maa1 waa6, keoi5 zi1 ngo5 zung1 ji3 sik6 zung2,
阿妈话,佢知我钟意食粽,
My mom said she knows I like rice dumplings

keoi5 zyun1 dang1 lau4 hei2 ni1 di1 dung1 jip6, dang2 ngo5 faan1 lai4 ge3
佢专登留起呢啲柊叶,等我返嚟嘅
She kept these leaves on purpose until I return back.

zin2 lok6 lai4 zi1 hau6, zung6 jiu3 zoeng1 mui5 tiu4 zi1 zin2 ceot1 lai4
剪落嚟之后,仲要将每条枝剪出嚟
After cutting down, we still need to cut every stems out

gan1 zyu6, ngo5 dei6 lo2 di1 dung1 jip6 heoi3 sai2
跟住,我哋攞啲柊叶去洗
Then we took these leaves to wash

ngo5 dei6 lo2 zo2 heoi3 cyu4 fong2 sin1 faat3 jin6,
我哋攞咗去厨房先发现,
When we took it to the kitchen and find that,

ging2 jin4 mou5 seoi2!!!
竟然冇水!!!
What? No water????

dai6 ji6 jat6 ngo5 dei6 zeon2 bei6 hou2 zo2 di1 dung1 jip6,
第二日我哋准备好咗啲柊叶、
The other day, we prepared some leaves
五花腩、ng5 faa1 naam5,
瑶柱、jiu4 cyu5

tung4 maai4 gaa1 zo2 di1 luk6 dau6 ge3 no6 mai5
同埋加咗啲绿豆嘅糯米
And the sticky rice with green beans

ai1 aa3, caa1 di1 m4 gei3 dak1 zung6 jau5 haam4 daan2 wong4 tim1!
哎呀,差啲唔记得仲有咸蛋黄添!
Oh, I almost forget that we also have salted egg yolk

sau2 sin1 ngo5 dei6 gaan2 hou2 loeng5 pin3 dung1 jip6
首先我哋拣好两片柊叶
First, we picked two leaves.

ni1 dou6 jiu3 zyu3 ji3
呢度要注意
Here we need to notice that

loeng5 pin3 jip6 jiu3 tau4 daap3 mei5 aa3
两片叶要头搭尾呀
Two leaves have to be head-to-tail

daai6 koi3 fong3 jat1 hok3 ge3 no6 mai5 lok6 heoi3
大概放一壳嘅糯米落去
Put around one tablespoon of sticky rice inside

waa1 go3 lung1 zai2 bei2 keoi5
挖个窿仔畀佢
Dig a hole for it

fong3 jat1 gau6 ng5 faa1 naam5 lok6 heoi3
放一旧五花腩落去
Put a pork belly inside

zoi3 gaa1 jat1 lap1 haam4 daan2 wong4
再加一粒咸蛋黄
Add a salted egg yolk

zoi3 fong3 gei2 lap1 jiu4 cyu5
再放几粒瑶柱
Then Put few dried scallops inside

zoi3 fong3 jat1 hok3 mai5,kam2 zyu6 keoi5
再放一壳米,冚住佢
Then add a tablespoon of sticky rice. Cover that.

zi1 hau6 hou2 ci5 sai2 jyun4 tau4 faat3 baau1 di1 tau4 faat3 gam2
之后好似洗完头发包啲头发咁
Then wrap the rice dumpling like wrapping your hair after washing hairs
baau1 zyu6 zi2 zung2
包住只粽

jan1 zyu6 gam6 bin2 zi2 zung2 aa3!
因住揿扁只粽呀!
Be cautious of squashing the rice dumpling.

zi1 hau6 zeon2 bei6 hou2 jat1 tiu4 sin3
之后准备好一条线
Then prepare a string

zip3 hei2 tiu4 sin3
折起条线
fold the string

kiu2 maai4 tiu4 sin3
翘埋条线
wind the string

jat1 zik6 kiu2 kiu2 dou3 zeoi3 hau6 zau6 dak1 gaa3 laa3!
一直翘,翘到最后就得架喇!
Keep winding till the end.

zin2 jyun4 tiu4 sin3
剪完条线
Cut the string

zoeng1 tiu4 sin3 cyun1 jap6 ni1 go3 lung1
将条线穿入呢个窿
Put the string insides this hole

zoi3 daa2 go3 git3 zau6 dak1 laa1!
再打个结就得啦!
then tie it and done

ngo5 nam2 ngo5 hok6 sik1 zo2 laa3, dang2 ngo5 si3 haa6 sin1.
我谂我学识咗啦,等我试下先。
I think I got it. Let me have a try.

sin1 wan2 loeng5 faai3 dung1 jip6.
先搵两块冬叶。
First find two piece of leaves

wan2 zo2 gei2 ci3 zung1 jyu1 wan2 dou2 ngaam1 gaa3 laa1
搵咗几次终于搵到啱架啦
After looking for it for few times, I finally find it correctly

jiu3 zyu3 ji3 tau4 daap3 mei5
要注意头搭尾
Be careful, two leaves have to be head-to-tail

sau2 sin1 hai2 zung1 gaan1 fong3 jat1 hok3 ge3 no6 mai5,
首先喺中间放一壳嘅糯米,
First put a tablespoon of sticky rice in the middle

jan1 wai6 san1 sau2, so2 ji5 ngo5 geng1 gaa1 siu2 zo2.
因为新手,所以我惊加少咗。
Because I am a newbie, I am worried that I add it less

gan1 zyu6 fong3 gau6 ng5 faa1 naam5
跟住放旧五花腩
Then put a pork belly

ji2, ni1 gau6 ng5 faa1 naam5, hou2 fei4 aa1
咦,呢旧五花腩,好肥啊
Eww this pork belly is so fat!

zi1 hau6 fong3 lap1 haam4 daan2 wong4,
之后放粒咸蛋黄,
After adding a salted egg yolk,

zoi3 fong3 gei2 lap1 jiu4 cyu5.
再放几粒瑶柱。
Add few dried scallops.

ai1 aa3, m4 gei3 dak1 dim2 zing2 sin1
哎呀,唔记得点整先
Oh, I forget how to make it.

dou1 hai6 jiu3 dang2 aa3 maa1 bong1 sau2 zi3 dak1
都係要等阿妈帮手至得
I have to wait for my mom’s help

zoi3 gaa1 faan1 di1 mai5
再加返啲米
Add more rice

go2 zan6 ngo5 sin1 gei3 dak1 aa1, zung6 mei6 gaa1 mai5 aa3
嗰阵我先记得啊,仲未加米呀
At that time I just remember, I haven’t added rice one more time.

aa3 maa1 jau6 gaau3 do1 ngo5 jat1 ci3
阿妈又教多我一次
My mom taught me one more time

hou2 ci5 bong1 zi2 zung2 sai2 jyun4 tau4, baau1 tau4 faat3 gam2 baau1 zyu6 keoi5
好似帮只粽洗完头,包头发咁包住佢
Then wrap the rice dumpling like wrapping your hair after washing hairs

益力多~
aa3 maa1 waa6 ngo5 hou2 leon4 zeon1 aa3
阿妈话我好遴迍呀
My mom said I am so clumsy.

gei3 zyu6 aa3! jiu3 baau1 hei2 zip3 zyu6 ge3 go2 tiu4 sin3
记住呀!要包起摺住嘅嗰条线
Remember to wrap the folding string

bei2 ngo5 gam6 bin2 zo2 aa1
俾我揿扁咗啊
I squashed the rice dumpling.

jyun4 bun2 bei2 ngo5 zip3 hei2 ge3 go2 tiu4 sin3,
原本畀我摺起嘅嗰条线,
The string which is supposed to be folded,

bei2 ngo5 m4 siu2 sam1 mang1 zo2 ceot1 lai4 aa3!
俾我唔小心掹咗出嚟呀!
was pulled out by me accidentally

dai6 ji6 ci3 ngo5 bin3 dou3 hou2 siu2 sam1
第二次我变到好小心
The second time, I became very cautious.

jau6 jiu3 ting4 hai2 dou6 gai3 zuk6 hok6 do1 ci3
又要停喺度继续学多次
I have to stop to learn again.

sau2 sin1 zoeng1 tiu4 sin3 zip3 hei2 san1
首先将条线摺起身
First fold the string,

gwan1 wan4 gam2 joeng2 kiu2 zyu6 zung2
均匀咁样翘住粽
Wind the rice dumpling evenly

lau4 daai6 koi3 sap6 lei4 mai5 ge3 sin3,
留大概十厘米嘅线,
Leave a string around 10 cm.

jin4 hau6 zin2 zo2 keoi5,
然后剪咗佢,
Then cut it.

ngo5 nam2 ngo5 jau6 hok6 sik1 zo2
我谂我又学识咗
I think I got it again.

tiu4 sin3 cyun1 jap6 go3 lung1 dou6
条线穿入个窿度
The string goes through the hole

zoi3 daa2 gwo3 git3 zau6 dak1 gaa3 laa3
再打过结就得架喇
Then tie it and done.

aa1 maa1 waa6 ngo5 zing2 dak1 taai3 joeng6 seoi1,
吖妈话我整得太样衰,
My mom said I made it ugly.

so2 ji5 cung4 san1 zing2 gwo3
所以重新整过
So I started over.

jau6 jiu3 caak3 sin3 laa3
又要拆线喇
I have to untie it again.

deoi3 zip3
对摺
kiu2 sin3
翘线
cyun1 lung1
穿窿
daa2 git3
打结
ngo5 zan1 hai6 ban6 sau2 ban6 goek3 gaa3!
我真係笨手笨脚架!
I am really clumsy.

ngo5 zung1 jyu1 zing2 hou2 zo2 laa3!
我终于整好咗喇!
I finally finish it.

ngo5 gok3 dak1 gei2 leng3 aa1,
我觉得几靓啊,
I think it’s quite good.

nei5 gok3 dak1 ne1?
你觉得呢?
What do you think?

fong3 zo2 jap6 heoi3, jat1 ngaan5 zau6 ho2 ji5 fan1 cing1 bin1 zi2 hai6 ngo5 ge3
放咗入去,一眼就可以分清边只係我嘅
Putting it inside, you could tell which one is mine at the first sight

fong3 jap6 bou1 leoi5 min6 gaa1 jap6 seoi2,
放入煲里面加入水,
Put inside the pot and add some water

daai6 koi3 zyu2 loeng5 go3 zung1 zau6 dak1 gaa1 laa1
大概煮两个钟就得噶啦
It’s done by cooking 2 hours.

m4 gei3 dak1 laa3, ho2 nang4 hai6 ne1 zi2 gwaa3
唔记得啦,可能係呢只啩
I don’t remember. Maybe it’s this one